2015 $100 Platinum Eagle Early Release Ultra Cameo Proof 70 NGC
- The First of U.S. Mints Two-Year "Torches of Freedom" Series
- Sold out at U.S. Mint in only four minutes!
- The Lowest Minted Platinum Proof American Eagle Coin!
- Extremely Limited Proof 70 Allocation
- Certified and Encapsulated "Early Releases" Pedigree by NGC!
- 1 Troy Ounce Pure Platinum
- First Ever Reverse Design
In 2015, the United States Mint has launched a brand new two–year “Torches of Freedom” series featuring coins with reverse (tails side) designs that are innovative, beautiful and representative of our nation’s core values of liberty and freedom. Following the previous six-year “Preamble” series, the 2015 Platinum Proof coin design, titled “Liberty Nurtures Freedom,” depicts Liberty and an American bald eagle which represents Freedom. The reverse (tails side) was designed by U.S. Mint Artistic Infusion Program artist Joel Iskowitz and sculpted by U.S. Mint Sculptor–Engraver Phebe Hemphill.
The 2015 Platinum Proof coin is an only year of issue design and and is exclusive to the "Torches of Freedom" Platinum American Eagle Series. The coin’s obverse features John Mercanti’s rendering of Liberty, first introduced on Platinum Eagles in 1997. All American Eagles are legal tender coins, with their face value imprinted in U.S. dollars. Although their face value is largely symbolic, it provides proof of their authenticity as official U.S. coinage. The one-ounce platinum coin displays the highest face value ($100) ever to appear on a U.S. coin.
|Login For Price||Yes|