2017 $25 American Gold Eagle MS-70“First Strike” by PCGS
- On Track to Becoming a “Key Date” $25 Gold Eagle!
- PCGS Low Population of Only 1,050 “First Strike” Pedigreed Pieces
- Perfect MS-70 Designation from PCGS
- Genuine, Legal Tender
- Weight and Purity Guaranteed by the U.S. Government
American Eagle Gold is the official gold bullion coin of the United States. Authorized under the Gold Bullion Coin Act of 1985, it was first released by the United States Mint in 1986. Offered in one-tenth ounce, one-quarter ounce, one-half ounce, and one ounce sizes, these coins are guaranteed by the U.S. government to contain the stated amount of actual gold weight in troy ounces. By law, the gold must come from sources in America. American Eagle Gold coins are backed by the United States Mint for weight and content.
The obverse design features a rendition of Augustus Saint-Gaudens’ full length figure of Lady Liberty with flowing hair, holding a torch in her right hand and an olive branch in her left, with the Capitol building in the left background. The reverse design, by sculptor Miley Busiek, features a male eagle carrying an olive branch flying above a nest containing a female eagle and her hatchlings.
Why Buy a Key $25 Gold American Eagle Coin?
The Key $25 Gold American Eagle coin has tremendous investment value, due to its historical significance as well as other gold-related aspects:
- Until 1933, the U.S. Government was producing gold coins, up until President Franklin Roosevelt suspended it. It wasn’t until President Ronald Reagan over 50 years later did we see the resumption of gold coin production.
- The $25 Gold American Eagle Coin is the first ever $25 legal tender gold coin in U.S. history, created in 1986. From 1986 to 1991 these Gold Eagles were produced with Roman numerals.
- Since 1986, the United States Mint is legally required by law to produce enough Gold American Eagles so that they meet public demand.
- The reason why the key $25 Gold American Eagle coin is particularly valuable is because it is the least produced Gold Eagle coin, while the $50 one ounce Gold American Eagle and the $5 one tenth ounce Gold American Eagle are the most produce. Due to its comparative scarcity, the $25 coin is the most sought after in terms of value. Also, due to its low mintage, it is referred to as the ‘key’ coin for any American Gold Eagle coin collection
|Login For Price||Yes|