1857 O $20 Liberty Head Gold AU-58+ Grade by NGC
Guidance, Trust, Experience - Since 1995
- Extremely Low NGC Population: Only 2 Coins!
- Only 30,000 minted of which merely 209 examples are estimated to have survived, and this example is clearly one of the very finest seen today.
- +PLUS+ Designation Grade! NGC assigns a + to coins at the high end of their assigned grade, approaching the quality requirements for the next grade. In addition to their superior technical merit, coins that receive a + must have above-average eye appeal.
- 1857-O Double Eagles are certainly the scarcest issue of the three different Double Eagles made that year.
- A highlight of any world class collection!
- One of the most important coins ever produced!
She was like a southern New York City. A bustling port town and the commercial epicenter of the antebellum south. Folks would wake up with the excitement of each new day and go to bed at night with the dreams of an even better tomorrow. Until one day in 1861, it all came crashing down…
New Orleans Mint $20 gold pieces consist of just 13 dates ever produced there from 1850 to 1861 and then one more time in 1879. Anyone with the means can put together the entire accumulation, with the two major show-stoppers being the 1854-O and 1856-O, but there are a couple of dates that remain extraordinary values for their rarity which still have immense upward potential on the value scale.
Sure, we may have all seen a 57-O a time or two in lower grade, but in AU-58 + it becomes one of the better values of the entire series. The person who sold us this coin said it might even be called an “AU-63” if such a grade existed, and with an MS-62 having sold for over $170,000 as the only Mint State offering in years when it was offered back in 2011 we think this coin is ripe for the picking!
|Login For Price||Yes|